Who doesn’t love pad thai?! Pad thai is one of my favorites , however , with my new leaf of healthy and clean eating noodles may not be the best thing to indulge in. With that being said, ZOODLES! Zucchini noodles are the perfect alternative to regular noodles, whether it be for spaghetti and meatballs or shrimp scampi, in this case it’s pad thai. I love making this recipe for a quick-lunch or when I am just in the “too lazy to cook” mood. If possible I like to keep a container full of zoodles in the fridge, typically last for up to a week (i put a paper towel on the top of the zoodles to absorb any of the liquid). Since this is supposed to be a quick recipe, I have gone for more of a pad thai inspired dish rather than a full on replica, still absolutely delicious!
Ingredients: now, I typically eyeball the seasoning to taste, but I will try to be as accurate as possible!
servings: 2 people
Time: 15 minutes
- 2 small/medium zucchini squash ( zoodle these babies)
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- pinch of salt
- pinch of black pepper
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp of white onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon pad thai sauce
- 1/4 chopped white onion
- chopped green onion for garnish
- splash of rice vinegar
- cook the ground beef on a medium heat skillet , use the ginger, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper to season
- once meat is cooked, take out of skillet and drain
- in the same skillet saute the white onion
- once the onion is translucent, add the zoodles and a splash of rice vinegar. The goal is to heat up the zucchini, don’t overcook
- Add the soy sauce, ground beef, and pad thai sauce and combine
- plate it up and add some chopped green onion on top.