This recipe has been my guilty pleasure and go-to breakfast for the last month or so! I mean this is so good I could literally sit there and eat it straight out of the baking dish (drools). This recipe makes breakfast worry free and super quick , you can pop it in the microwave to heat it up or just eat it cold, none the less extremely delicious. The great thing about this baked oatmeal is that you can customize the flavors however you’d like, less berries or more berries, more dessert like with chocolate, you get the point. Whenever I make this I know that breakfast will be a win, my husband sometimes eats it for lunch even! This recipe yields for about 6 servings give or take and only takes about 25 -30 minutes depending on your oven.
What you need….
2 cups quick oats
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
3 tablespoons honey ( this is optional )
2 cups almond milk ( regular milk is fine, however almond milk is my fave)
1.5 tablespoons butter (melted)
2 cups frozen berries
1/4 cup chopped pecans
What to do…
- preheat oven to 375 degrees F
- in a medium-sized baking dish spread half of the berries evenly
- mix all of the dry ingredients until well combined, then pour over berries evenly
- mix all of the wet ingredients until well combined and then pour evenly over the dry ingredient
- top with the other half of the berries and the pecans.
- cook for 25 minutes or until all the liquid has been absorbed.