Whoever says pizza isn’t one of their favorite’s must not be human. There is a pizza out there for everyone! Cheesy and sauce goodness comes with a consequence of yucky (but really yummy) carbs. However, I have a recipe for you that will eliminate almost all of the carbs, this is great for all those on a LCHF diet. I have tried a variety of different “healthy” pizza doughs, but none fo them really pull off the whole pizza thing. This recipe really tops any other pizza dough recipes ive tried, almost as great as the real thing. So who says you cant have your cake and eat it too?
Ingredients: Net Carbs: 3g / serving
1/3 cup coconut flour
1.5 cup shredded mozzarella
2 tbsp cubbed cream cheese
1/8 tsp baking powder
whatever pizza like seasoning you want for the dough… I used onion powder, garlic, salt, pepper, cayene pepper, and basil.
you will also need whatever toppings you want, I used pepper, onion, cherry tomato, pizza sauce, and cheese!!
- preheat oven to 425 degrees F
- microwave the 1/5 cups of cheese and cream cheese for 60-90 seconds in 30 second intervals
- add your coconut flour and seasoning to your dough and combine ( you may want to wet your hands a bit since the dough will be very sticky)
- spread dough onto a greased pizza pan
- poke a lot of holes using a fork onto your dough to prevent air pockets
- bake dough for 8-10 minutes
- once dough is cooked, take out of oven ( i like to flip mine over at this point), add your toppings !
- pop in the oven for another 8 minutes, make sure to watch it so the pizza crust doesnt burn
- eat eat eat !!!